Office Bearers: President: Rev. Fr. Laby Panackamattom Secretary: Varghese Thomas and Sapna Varghese
Let no one despise your youth, but
set the believers an example in speech and conduct, in love, in
faith, in purity. --1 Timothy 4:12
The Saint Gregorios Young Adults Movement (SGYAM) of
St.Gregorios Indian Orthodox Church of Washington DC is a spiritual
organization established in August 2009. This ministry was initially
suggested by the vicar, Fr. Laby George Panackamattom, as a means of
maintaining continuity across the various ministries of the church.
The Purpose of the SGYAM
organization is to:
- Build and foster a sense of the Indian Orthodox faith and
- Provide community services and charities within our local
community and in India.
The Activities of the SGYAM include:
- Cater to the spiritual needs of the young adults of
- Monthly meetings including prayer, bible study, and
discussions of the Orthodox faith.
- Host and support fund raisers for various charities in the
local community and in India
- Participate in the annual St.Gregorios activities
SGYAM has spear-headed some of the fund raising projects
including Christian devotional live concerts by Kester (2019) and K.
G. Markose (2013) that benefited the church and various charitable
organizations in the DMV region.
Kester with SGYAM members (2019)
Kester & Elizabeth Raju with SGYAM
Elizabeth Raju with SGYAM members (2019)
SGYAM Members (2018)
K.G Markose Concert (2013)